January 1, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - January 1, 2025 @ 7:00 pm ACDT$275
Understanding the different kinds of contributions available to members is important to ensure that there is proper consideration of the contribution standards, tax treatment and application of the contribution caps. It is also important in identifying strategic opportunities for the accumulation of retirement savings.
This module provides an in depth look of the rules about accepting contributions, who can make contributions and the way those contributions can be made. The modules also covers the interaction between the super and tax laws to determine the designation, deductibility and tax treatment of superannuation contributions, including excess contributions.
On completing this module, participants should be able to:
- outline when a fund can and cannot accept contributions based on a member’s age
- provide an overview of the types of contributions that can be made
- highlight how contributions can be made to a fund
- calculate the amount of concessional and non-concessional contributions that will be excessive
- identify when contributions can be returned.