Username or email address *
The program for the day will focus on the different areas of SMSFs including legal, audit, accounting/financial planner and finishing with a roundtable.
This will be the perfect forum to discuss the issues you are seeing in your practice with expert input from the panel.
Sessions during the day will include:
1. SUPER ZEN ESTATE PLANNING: FINDING THE RIGHT TRANSFER BALANCE BETWEEN YOUR DEFINED BENEFIT SCHEME AND SMSF
Presented by Paul Salinas from Campbell & Co Lawyers. Paul will discuss:
• Treatment of defined benefit interests under Transfer Balance Cap regime
• Transfer balance cap traps for the unwary estate planner
• Plus more………..
2. AUDIT TRAPS IN A NEW ENVIRONMENT
Presented by Brooke Hepburn-Rogers, Stellar Self-Managed Super. Brooke will discuss
• Current key compliance areas and audit activity
• SMSF Audit / Advice 2017 FY: What are you seeing?
• Plus more ……………
3. DIGITAL DISRUPTION
Presented by Michelle van Lier, RSM. Michelle will discuss:
• How does digital disruption affect our industry?
• Keeping data safe and reporting breaches
• Where to from here?
• Plus more ………………
4. ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION
Join the panellists
• Paul Salinas
• Brooke Hepburn Rogers
• Michelle van Lier
• Craig Phillips
• Michael Pedler
as they discuss all things SMSF.
All SMSF professionals are welcome at Local Communities events. Members are able to forward invitations to their professional networks with guests able to attend at the non-member price.
Senior Project Manager - Business Advisory at RSM Australia
Brooke Hepburn-Rogers has over 17 years’ specialist experience within the Self-Managed Super Fund Industry. Prior to joining Stellar Super Pty Ltd as Manager, Brooke established her career as an SMSF Association Specialist Advisor (SSA™) and SMSF Specialist Auditor (SSAUD®) in Queensland and New South Wales.
Brooke is also a Tax Agent and Associate of the Institute of Public Accountants.
She is a qualified Bush Fire fighter with the NSW Rural Fire Service as has recently completed her first marathon in Hawaii.
Lawyer - Campbell & Co - Canberra
Price for Members
Price for Non-Members
22 Nov 2017 - 29 Jun 2018
6 Apr 2018 - 6 Apr 2019
7 Mar 2018 - 7 Mar 2019