Username or email address *
If you didn’t get a chance to attend the SMSF Association National Conference 2019, or perhaps you missed an opportunity to attend the workshop session because it was sold out - here’s your opportunity to complete the really popular workshop GETTING MONEY INTO SUPER USING THE SMALL BUSINESS CGT CONCESSIONS
With the contributions landscape being turned on its head from 1 July 2017, the CGT cap presents an ideal opportunity for clients to boost their superannuation savings. However, a combination of the complexity of the conditions to access the concessions and the one-off nature of selling a business means that it is often difficult to clearly identify and assess opportunities to boosting superannuation using the CGT cap.
Join Peter Hogan, Head of Education and Technical at the SMSF Association for this case study-based workshop session. This is an opportunity to ask those difficult questions and debate the issues with your peers.
The workshop context provides:
• 3 hours of discussion and collaboration with your peers
• In depth investigation into the practical details
• Participation in strategies through highly engaging group discussion
• Small groups to optimise professional development
• Dynamic Q&A forums
• Valuable workshop resources
This workshop will review the various strategies available for maximising the CGT cap, common mistakes made when determining eligibility to the concessions and whether the CGT cap trumps buying business premises using an SMSF
At the completion of this workshop participants should be able to:
• Define the eligibility requirements to access the small business CGT concessions
• Explain how the CGT cap operates with the CGT retirement exemption and the CGT 15-year asset exemption
• Develop strategies to increase superannuation savings using the CGT and other contributions caps
• Analyse whether or not an active asset should be acquired in an SMSF (or an alternative structure)
• Understand and apply the circumstances in which small business concessions cannot be used in conjunction with the CGT cap
• Explain the timing and record-keeping requirements that must be complied with under the CGT cap
Peter Hogan is the SMSF Association’s Head of Education and Technical. He is one of Australia’s foremost SMSF specialists, having worked in the sector over many years. A lawyer by training, he cut his teeth in the ATO before joining some of Australia’s largest financial institutions to work in key superannuation, investment and taxation roles. His enormous industry experience and knowledge, especially as they pertain to tax issues, means he is in constant demand on the SMSF speaking circuit. Away from the world of SMSFs, he is a keen weekend golfer when he is not providing a taxi service to junior sporting events. Peter is an SMSF Association Specialist Adviser and former Chair and National Board member of the Association.
Price for Members
Price for Non-Members