Username or email address *
Bringing together professionals in the SMSF community.
The super reforms have resulted in constraints on contributions and the amount of concessional taxed benefits. This discussion will do a quick revisit of the rules then delve deeper into a number of case studies and practical client situations.
These case studies will cover :
• Recap of revised contributions rules including their effect on clients, salary sacrifice arrangements, the rolling concessional cap and Division 293 threshold
• How to work out your non-concessional cap considering: the total super balance, the pension account, the bring forward rules, transitional bring forward rules and spouse contributions
• Downsizer contributions and first home saver scheme: Who is eligible and how do they work?
• How to make the most of your Small Business CGT Concessions
• Strategies for providing contributions advice under the licensing regime, managing clients’ expectations and how to get the information that you need
Explore each of these critical areas and more through hands on, practical applications by use of working examples of contributions strategies.
Presented by Megan Kelly, Director of Superannuation, Business Depot; SMSF Specialist; SMSF and Accounting Professional of the Year, SMSF and Accounting Awards Queensland 2017
Megan Kelly is experienced in Self Managed Super Funds (SMSFs), skilled in providing both accounting and strategic advice solutions for clients. As a director of businessDEPOT a key value for Megan is to help business owners to include superannuation as part their overall financial plan. Her passion is in assisting clients to take control of their future, through supporting them make decisions in relation to their SMSF and their retirement. Megan regularly provides advice in relation to investment structuring, SIS compliance, pension and retirement planning. Megan has also provided specialist support in relation to estate planning, family law disputes and compliance issues. She is a member of the SMSF Association Queensland Community, and a valued member of the network of SMSF specialists.
Price for Members
Price for Non-Members
5 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2050