SMSF Association Submission
We write on behalf of the members of key financial services industry and financial advice professional associations with respect to the current Treasury consultation into the Professional Standards framework for financial advisers. This is a consultation for which we have been advocating required review for some time.
As the key associations representing Australia’s financial services industry and professional
financial advisers, the Joint Associations Working Group1 (JAWG) collectively represents more than 90% of advisers on the Financial Advisers Register (FAR), and the majority of financial services firms. The associations have individually and collectively taken leadership roles in their sectors in Australia and globally dating back to at least 1886.
The JAWG comprises the following Associations;
1. Association of Financial Advisers (AFA)
2. Boutique Financial Planning Principals Association Inc. (BFP)
3. Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
4. CPA Australia
5. Financial Planning Association (FPA)
6. Financial Services Council (FSC)
7. Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA)
8. Institute of Public Accountants (IPA)
9. Licensee Leadership Forum (LLF)
10. Self Managed Super Fund Association (SMSFA)
11. The Advisers Association Ltd (TAA)