SMSF Association Membership Cancellation and Refund Policy
A member may seek to withdraw their membership in accordance with clause 9.1 of the SMSF Association Constitution.
Any request to withdraw membership must be provided in writing to SMSF Association by the member themself; notwithstanding who may have paid for the membership.
A withdrawal of membership does not relieve the member from payment of any fees already accrued and owing to the SMSF Association.
There is no entitlement to any refund of fees paid or owing to SMSF Association where membership is withdrawn part way through a membership year.
SMSF Association Events Cancellation and Refund Policy
The SMSF Association hosts a variety of events throughout the year. The following provides a summary of the Association’s Policy concerning any request to cancel, substitute another person or request a refund of fees for our events.
SMSF ASSOCIATION NATIONAL CONFERENCE 2023
ALL OTHER EVENTS
- Registration cancellations must be received in writing within 3 business days prior to the event.
- Any cancellations will result in a credit being held against your account, and can be applied as payment for future events run by the SMSF Association. An administration fee of up to AUD$75 may apply.
Note: Where there is no upcoming SMSF Association events scheduled in your region, a refund minus an administration fee may be issued in place of a credit note (at SMSF Association discretion).
- Attendee substitutions to another person can be made until the event commences. This may be subject to a price adjustment if applicable
- All cancellations and substitutions must be made in writing to [email protected]
- Should exceptional circumstances for a refund exist an application can be made to the Association for consideration to [email protected]
EVENT CANCELLATION BY SMSF ASSOCIATION
- Where an event is cancelled by the SMSF Association a full refund of event registration will be issued to participants.
CREDIT NOTES ISSUED BY THE SMSF ASSOCIATION
- Credit notes will be issued in line with the Association’s cancellation and refund policy.
- Credit notes are unable to be transferred.
- SMSF Association credit notes will be valid for 2 years from date of issue. After this date, they will expire and be forfeited.
- If you currently hold a credit note and wish to apply it against a new transaction, please contact the SMSF Association in writing via [email protected], including your full name, member number (if applicable), and the transaction to which you wish to apply it before you process your payment. Credit notes cannot be applied retrospectively.
- Credit notes can be used for all SMSF Association events (excluding National Conference), SMSF Association membership fees, or SMSF Association accreditation programs (SSA and SSAud through the Association only).
Date: 29 May 2023