Take your SMSF knowledge to the highest level with the Specialist SMSF Advisor (SSA®) elective
Have you considered a Master of Financial Planning degree?
The SMSF Association is thrilled to be partnering with Kaplan Professional and Deakin University to further enhance education standards and professionalism in the SMSF sector.
The SMSF Regulations and Taxation unit, developed by the Association for its SMSF Specialist Advisor accreditation program, is now available as an elective unit in the Kaplan Professional and Deakin University Master of Financial Planning degrees.
This partnership means you can now graduate with your Master of Financial Planning and the coveted SMSF Specialist Advisor designation (SSA®).
Master of Financial Planning: Your Education Partner options
Kaplan Professional’s online, FASEA-approved Master of Financial Planning is a purpose-built higher education qualification set at AQF level 9. It’s designed and developed in consultation with industry experts, and combines advanced technical rigour with practical and relevant performance-focused learning outcomes. Due to the specialised nature of the qualification, it offers contemporary teachings in financial advice strategy and theory at the highest level.
Over 90% of graduates highly recommend Deakin’s Financial Planning multi-modal delivery providing you the freedom to undertake study at your own pace anywhere in the world. Upon completion, you will be FASEA-approved and gain access to lifelong learning opportunities through Deakin’s expansive industry partnerships network.
Designed with busy professionals in mind and the evolving nature of industry requirements, expect to learn advanced principles and applications to meet client needs and the technical skills needed to utilise the latest digital tools.
Take advantage of your SMSF Association membership entitling you to 15% off Deakin’s Postgraduate courses. Become an accredited Financial Planner, widen your career choices and graduate with a business school ranked in the top 1% globally.
Why should you consider the SMSF Regulations and Taxation elective for your Master of Financial Planning?
- Successful completion of this elective satisfies the knowledge requirements to become a specialist member of the SMSF Association and to use the coveted SMSF Specialist Advisor (SSA®) designation – an independent and highly regarded industry endorsement of your SMSF expertise and the symbol of excellence in the SMSF sector;
- Students receive detailed study notes complete with ‘Apply your knowledge’ quizzes and online reading resources;
- The elective provides the specialist technical knowledge, critical thinking and problem solving skills necessary to provide competent and compliant SMSF advice;
- The elective covers all aspects of SMSFs including the establishment, operation and investment strategies unique to SMSFs;
- Specialist members of the SMSF Association benefit from SMSF Association branding and are listed on the ‘Find a Specialist’ page – making it easier to connect with new clients and to build your SMSF advice business;
- Specialist members of the SMSF Association also have access to ongoing education tailored to SMSF Specialists and to attend networking events with liked-minded peers.
Who should enrol?
- If you’re currently studying a Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning, or hold that qualification, and you would like to further your education, by completing an additional 4 units you will be eligible to achieve a Master of Financial Planning qualification
- Financial Planning professionals seeking advanced technical and specialist knowledge.
- Professionals with other common industry accreditations (CA, CFP, CPA etc) now looking to develop further capacity to work with clients who have SMSFs.
- Those wanting to add a financial specialist qualification to their academic achievements.
did you know?
If you’ve completed or are currently enrolled in the Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning, by completing an additional four (4) subjects, you will gain a Master of Financial Planning.
Successful completion of the SMSF Regulations and Taxation unit, as one of your electives, satisfies the knowledge requirements to become a specialist member of the SMSF Association and to use the coveted SMSF Specialist Advisor (SSA™) designation – an independent and highly regarded industry endorsement of your SMSF expertise and the symbol of excellence in the SMSF sector.