September 1, 2020 @ 8:00 am - December 31, 2050 @ 8:00 am$1980
The SMSF Association SMSF Specialist Advisor™ accreditation is recognised industry-wide as a comprehensive and challenging assessment of an individual’s ability as an SMSF advisor.
The purpose of the SSA accreditation is to qualify individuals who apply a broad and coherent knowledge in a range of contexts to undertake professional work and as a pathway to further learning. The SSA™ accreditation program analyses the unique intersection of the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993 (SISA), the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Regulations 1993 (SISR) and the Income Taxation Assessment Acts 1936 and 1997 (ITAA).
To be eligible for recognition as an SMSF Specialist Advisor (SSA™) designation with the SMSF Association you are required to complete 9 modules and successfully complete a 2-hour online examination with a pass mark of 50% or higher. The modules offer deep technical content and focus on examining, in detail, the array of regulations and legislation that underpin the operation of an SMSF.
The modules cover the following topics:
1. SMSF regulatory framework
2. Regulating SMSFs
3. Contribution standards
4. Investing in an SMSF
5. Taxing an SMSF
6. Members interests and preservation standards
7. Payment standards and paying a benefit
8. Taxing superannuation payments
9. SMSF controls – planning for life events
On successful completion of this subject, participants should be able to:
• Research and explain the legal regulations that apply to SMSFs.
• Research and critically evaluate the special taxation rules applicable to superannuation contributions, superannuation funds and superannuation benefits.
• Develop and critically evaluate an SMSF strategy to deal with regulatory and tax requirements in a complex SMSF scenario.
• Justify an SMSF strategy to deal with regulatory and tax requirements in a complex SMSF scenario.
Graduates of the SSA accreditation will have a broad and coherent theoretical and technical knowledge in one or more disciplines of areas of SMSF practice.
Graduates of the of the SSA accreditation will have well-developed cognitive, technical and communication skills to select and apply methods and technologies to:
• Analyse and evaluate information to complete a range of activities
• Analyse, generate and transmit solutions to unpredictable and sometimes complex problems
• Transmit knowledge, skills and ideas to others
APPLICATION OF KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Graduates of the SSA accreditation will apply SMSF industry knowledge and skills to demonstrate autonomy, well-developed judgement and responsibility;
• In contexts that require self-directed work and learning
• Within broad parameters to provide specialist advise and functions
FASEA CPD CATEGORIES
The SSA designation is aligned to competencies under the FASEA CPD categories. The designation supports demonstration for ongoing professional practice in the categories of:
• Technical competence
• Regulatory compliance and consumer protection
• Client care and practice