Associate membership is the gateway to enhancing your SMSF career
Associate membership is the ideal membership level for SMSF professionals who are ready to take the next step in building on their expertise and accelerating their careers in the SMSF space.
Get expert analysis of SMSF developments and legislative and regulatory changes with 10 complimentary CPD hours ensure you are always ahead of the curve.
As the first step to attaining the coveted SMSF Specialist designation, you will be eligible to register for the industry-leading SMSF Specialist accreditation programs; as well as exclusive access to the Association’s online Resource Library and tools specifically designed to help keep you at the top of your profession.
ASSOCIATE MEMBER BENEFITS
10 complimentary CPD hours
- Access quarterly SMSF legislation and regulation webinars and our annual Federal Budget update presented by our Technical team.
- Download regular, comprehensive technical papers on the latest SMSF issues and strategies.
Tools and resources
Complimentary access to:
- Our Technical Research Service to help resolve technical SMSF issues,
- comprehensive online Resource Library featuring comprehensive Go-To Guides to extend your SMSF knowledge, and
- white label templates to communicate key SMSF information with your clients.
Stay up to date so your advice will be too
- Daily SMSF news digests and regular member alerts to keep your finger on the pulse of the SMSF sector.
- Preferential member rates for SMSF Association education and events.
Become a Specialist and showcase your SMSF expertise
As an Associate member you are eligible to enrol in the SMSF Specialist programs and work towards gaining exclusive access to the SMSF Association Specialist branding, Specialist-only CPD, and feature on our “Find a Specialist” online directory for SMSF trustees.
Be part of a trusted, professional community
Develop your network of like-minded and multi-disciplinary SMSF professionals.
Have your voice heard through our advocacy efforts
Provide feedback to our submissions and add your voice to our advocacy efforts.
Your SMSF future begins now
Enrol in an SMSF Specialist program
Associate Membership is available to SMSF practitioners providing professional advice, products and/or services to the retail and/or wholesale SMSF sector, who meet at least one of the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- A relevant tertiary qualification at a minimum Diploma level; OR
- An existing registration as a tax agent or tax (financial) adviser with the Tax Practitioners Board; OR
- Voting rights with an existing recognised tax agent association or recognised tax (financial) adviser association.
Associate members are required, as a condition of ongoing SMSF Association membership, to achieve a minimum of 60 CPD hours per triennium (minimum 15 CPD hours in any one year) in areas relevant to the provision of advice on SMSFs. Learn more about the CPD requirements of members here.
The SMSF Association is committed to fostering and enhancing integrity and professionalism in the SMSF sector as well as encouraging SMSF professionals to achieve excellence in their education, knowledge and skills. The SMSF Association provides a wide range of opportunities for members to acquire CPD hours through our own events, webinars and technical resources; and via our Accredited CPD Educators.
Associate Members have voting rights with the SMSF Association.
Enrol in an SMSF Specialist program
Become an Affiliate Member
Not sure which membership is right for you?
* The SMSF Association membership year runs from 1 April to 31 March each year. The annual fee shown reflects a full 12 month membership. However, pro rata fees may apply throughout the year, this will be automatically applied when purchasing online.