National Conference 2021
Explore the role of AFCA in self-managed superannuation fund complaints, as well as learn more about the following topics:
- About AFCA;
- AFCA’s fairness project;
- AFCA’s investments and advice jurisdiction, some statistics and top 5 issues;
- Types of SMSF complaints and AFCA’s approach;
- SMSF complaint case study;
- Tips on advising about establishing an SMSF;
- Death benefit complaints – AFCA’s approach, and;
- Death benefit case study – learnings from the AFCA approach in the SMSF space.
At the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Understand AFCA’s role in SMSF complaints;
- Learn about the types of complaints involving SMSFs that AFCA deals with, and AFCA’s approach to them, and;
- Understand principles in the allocation of death benefits applied by AFCA.
The contents of this resource are taken to be correct at the time of publication.
Disclaimer: Technical Papers contain factual information only and are prepared without considering particular objectives, financial circumstances and needs. The information provided is not a substitute for legal, tax and financial product advice. The information contained in this document does not constitute advice given by the SMSF Association to you. If you rely on this information yourself or to provide advice to other persons, then you do so at your own risk. The SMSF Association is not licensed to provide financial product advice, legal advice or taxation advice. We recommend that you seek appropriate professional advice before relying upon the information in this technical paper. While the SMSF Association believes that the information provided is accurate, no warranty is given as to its accuracy and persons who rely on this information do so at their own risk. The information provided in this paper is not considered financial advice for the purposes of the Corporations Act 2001. © SMSF Association