Technical Summit 2021
With the ongoing advantages of maximising superannuation, it is important that we are optimising the contributions that are available to be made. There are several creative strategies available to maximise super contributions and build up this asset. In this session, Jemma will outline some of the curly contribution considerations, including:
- Contributions for minors – what you can and can’t do;
- Contribution splitting between spouses;
- Catch-up contributions;
- Contribution reserves, and;
- Bring forward and downsizer contributions, including the proposed 2021 Federal budget changes.
At the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Identify the various contribution strategies that may be available to recommend to clients;
- Understand the different total super balance criteria and the timing of application, and;
- Identify contribution planning for the 2021/2022 financial year and beyond in light of Budget announcements.
The contents of this resource are taken to be correct at the time of publication.
Disclaimer: Technical Papers contain factual information only and are prepared without considering particular objectives, financial circumstances and needs. The information provided is not a substitute for legal, tax and financial product advice. The information contained in this document does not constitute advice given by the SMSF Association to you. If you rely on this information yourself or to provide advice to other persons, then you do so at your own risk. The SMSF Association is not licensed to provide financial product advice, legal advice or taxation advice. We recommend that you seek appropriate professional advice before relying upon the information in this technical paper. While the SMSF Association believes that the information provided is accurate, no warranty is given as to its accuracy and persons who rely on this information do so at their own risk. The information provided in this paper is not considered financial advice for the purposes of the Corporations Act 2001. © SMSF Association