National Conference 2021
In this session, Phil Broderick will examine a number of current and topical issues in relation to limited recourse borrowing arrangements, including:
- The LRBA COVID relief measures;
- Can you still qualify for the ATO’s safe harbour if you apply the COVID relief;
- The interaction of the safe harbour rules, COVID LRBA relief, Division 7A and COVID Division 7A relief;
- Intermediary LRBAs are they worth it?
- Refinancing LRBAs how can it be done?
- NALI/NALE and LRBAs where are we at?
At the end of the session, you will be able to:
- How the LRBA COVID relief measures operate;
- How the safe harbour rules, COVID LRBA relief, Division 7A and COVID Division 7A relief interact, and;
- How intermediately LRBAs work.
The contents of this resource are taken to be correct at the time of publication.
Disclaimer: Technical Papers contain factual information only and are prepared without considering particular objectives, financial circumstances and needs. The information provided is not a substitute for legal, tax and financial product advice. The information contained in this document does not constitute advice given by the SMSF Association to you. If you rely on this information yourself or to provide advice to other persons, then you do so at your own risk. The SMSF Association is not licensed to provide financial product advice, legal advice or taxation advice. We recommend that you seek appropriate professional advice before relying upon the information in this technical paper. While the SMSF Association believes that the information provided is accurate, no warranty is given as to its accuracy and persons who rely on this information do so at their own risk. The information provided in this paper is not considered financial advice for the purposes of the Corporations Act 2001. © SMSF Association