National Conference 2022
In this session we’ll unpack each concept and identify what each one affects, and explain how to calculate the various amounts touching on:
- What to include versus exclude;
- Deferred tax liabilities;
- Termination costs;
Along the way, we’ll highlight some handy tips and alert you to some traps to avoid.
After this session you will:
- understand the total superannuation balance, transfer balance account and transfer balance cap concepts, including how the underlying amounts are calculated and what to include vs what to exclude
- be able to differentiate between the concepts and understand the circumstances when they are applied/used as a threshold
- be able to identify common traps and strategy opportunities.
The contents of this resource are taken to be correct at the time of publication.
Disclaimer: Technical Papers contain general advice only and are prepared without taking into account particular objectives, financial circumstances and needs. The information provided is not a substitute for legal, tax and financial product advice. Before making any decision based on this information, you should assess its relevance to the individual circumstances of your client. While the SMSF Association believes that the information provided is accurate, no warranty is given as to its accuracy and persons who rely on this information do so at their own risk. The information provided in this bulletin is not considered financial product advice for the purposes of the Corporations Act 2001. © SMSF Association