National Conference 2022
The SMSF sector has continued to grow strongly and, from a legislation perspective, it’s been one of the busiest years on record. The scope and impact of these changes on client strategies is considerable and includes:
- New SuperStream rules for SMSF rollovers;
- The introduction of Director Identification Numbers and 6 member funds;
- Indexation on contribution and transfer balance caps;
- The proposed changes to the work test and bring forward rules for voluntary contributions;
- The proposed relaxation of the residency rules and the proposed 2 year amnesty period for legacy pension restructures;
- The release of the ATO’s controversial final ruling on non-arm’s length expenditure and much more…
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Identify key legislative changes and developments impacting SMSFs over the past 12 months;
- Understand which changes have been enacted and which changes have not yet been passed into law, and;
- Explain the Government’s 2022 SMSF policy agenda.
The contents of this resource are taken to be correct at the time of publication.
Disclaimer: Technical Papers contain general advice only and are prepared without taking into account particular objectives, financial circumstances and needs. The information provided is not a substitute for legal, tax and financial product advice. Before making any decision based on this information, you should assess its relevance to the individual circumstances of your client. While the SMSF Association believes that the information provided is accurate, no warranty is given as to its accuracy and persons who rely on this information do so at their own risk. The information provided in this bulletin is not considered financial product advice for the purposes of the Corporations Act 2001. © SMSF Association