Have your SMSF expertise independently endorsed, maintain your SMSF skills and be recognised as a leader in the sector
Ready to take your SMSF career to the next level?
Specialist members of the Association are recognised throughout the sector as experts at the pinnacle of the profession. SMSF Association Specialist members are a trusted source of information and advice for the more than 1 million trustees managing their own super.
As a Specialist member you will be recognised as having attained a high level of knowledge through rigorous and independent accreditation via the SMSF Association’s SMSF Specialist Advisor and/or SMSF Specialist Auditor programs.
You will be uniquely positioned as a Specialist to put yourself ahead of your peers and be recognised within our multi-disciplinary community for your achievement. You will gain the tools to promote your SMSF expertise to current and future clients, and have your capability promoted by the Association to a growing community of SMSF trustees.
Maintain your high-level skills through ongoing education tailored for our Specialist members and attend engaging, technical events with like-minded peers.
You’ll also gain exclusive access to a range of Specialist-only member benefits, including access to SMSF education resources for your website to use in your client services, Specialist-only pricing and first access to events, and more…
Specialist membership is $745 per annum.
Specialist Member Benefits
Showcase your expertise as an SMSF Specialist
Gain exclusive access to the SMSF Association Specialist branding and designation, Specialist-only CPD, and feature on our “Find a Specialist” online directory for SMSF trustees.
16 complimentary CPD hours
- Access quarterly SMSF legislation and regulation webinars and our annual Federal Budget update presented by our Technical team.
- Download regular, comprehensive technical papers on the latest SMSF issues and strategies.
- Specialist member-only CPD opportunities.
Stay up to date so your advice will be too
- Daily SMSF news digests and regular member alerts to keep your finger on the pulse of the SMSF sector.
- Preferential member rates for SMSF Association education and events.
Tools and resources
Complimentary access to:
- our Technical Research Service to help resolve technical SMSF issues,
- comprehensive online Resource Library featuring comprehensive Go-To Guides to enhance your SMSF knowledge, and
- white label templates to communicate key SMSF information with your clients.
Be part of a trusted, professional community
Develop your network of like-minded and multi-disciplinary SMSF professionals.
Have your voice heard through our advocacy efforts
Provide feedback to our submissions and add your voice to our advocacy efforts.
To become a Specialist Member, SMSF Association Associate Members must meet the relevant eligibility criteria and successfully complete one of the following SMSF Association Specialist Accreditation Programs:
- SMSF Specialist Advisor (SSA™)
- SMSF Specialist Auditor (SSAud®)
Specialist members are required, as a condition of ongoing SMSF Association membership, to achieve a minimum of 90 CPD hours per triennium (minimum 25 CPD hours in any one year) in areas relevant to the provision of advice on SMSFs. Learn more about the CPD requirements of members here.
The SMSF Association is committed to fostering and enhancing integrity and professionalism in the SMSF sector as well as encouraging SMSF professionals to achieve excellence in their education, knowledge and skills. The SMSF Association provides a wide range of opportunities for members to acquire CPD hours through our own events, webinars and technical resources; and via our Accredited CPD Educators.
Specialist Members have voting rights with the SMSF Association.